16 things I learnt while I was 16.
1. You can’t compete with everyone regarding everything. Everyone is going to be better than you at something , but it does not necessitate the fact that you will compete with them about it. Compete in those things in which you want to excel.
2. Prejudging is the kiss of death. Refrain from doing it for your own sake, unless you have psycho analysed people with all the facts that you know about them.
3. It is okay to take out your anger on people. But make sure you ask their permission before doing so.
4. Humans are extremely stupid. They hate a person when he/she is in front of them and even shout and scream, but when they aren’t around, they miss them. A lot.
5. It is okay if you have not studied or educated yourself much. But always, keep yourself updated and know any three interesting topics you can converse well about.
6. Maintain a diary. It will help you introspect and realize MUCH MUCH better than a psychologist or friend ever can. Also, name it.
7. Stop trying to change things you don’t have control on, like fighting your genes.
8. Believe me, you DON’T want to live any other person’s life. It is as shitty and beautiful as yours.
9. Being popular and known does not matter, unless you are respected. Will it really matter if you are known only because people said bad things about you behind your back ?
10. The reason people are sick of their lives is because they immerse themselves in the monotony of it. Try to do something different every day, even if it not snoozing your alarm clock and getting out of bed, forsaking those extra 5 minutes. Force yourself.
11. Always have two people in your life, who are ready to listen to all kinds of nonsense you say. Make sure they have contrasting personalities and opinions.
12. They may say beauty is skin deep, but no matter what, an aesthetically pleasing person will always through some way or the other excel in life. Even if they have no apparent talent, they are bound to use their weapon of beauty to get forward in life, and sadly unfair as this may seem, you can’t do anything about it. So accept it.
13. Whatever you decide to do in life, never lose your passion. Do it and don’t let any power stop you. You will excel the day you follow your passion.
14. There is a thing that you won’t ever get in life so stop chasing after it: Satisfaction.
15. Hating someone will affect you immensely more than someone hating you. It is does not matter if a million people hate you, but the day you start hating some one make sure you don’t become so consumed in it that the person becomes a topic of every day discussion. It can actually kill you.
16. Don’t ever, ever, let someone tell you what is right and what is wrong. Learn to form your own opinions and never be feeble minded.
17. Always be a rebel, so that you write 17 things instead of 16. Most important learning of all, all quotes on learning to embrace life are bullshit. Instead, read real life blogs which give you honest stuff to introspect on.